Jane Puszkar: Back to Basics
Here’s how we can get back to the basics:
- More time and focus on Reading, Writing, Math, and Science
- Reverse tumbling test scores and return as a Top 10 Missouri School District
- Contracts of key district administrators should depend on meeting objective academic improvement targets
- Take back valuable class time that has been directed to “Social Emotional Learning” and “Trauma-informed”
- Support our great teachers and enforce discipline so that they can teach effectively
- The Administration must support teachers through the enforcement of policies and rules that provide for a safe and productive learning environment.
- Eliminate unnecessary administrative requirements that take class time away from learning
- Stand against the radical agenda of the local NEA: CRT, gender indoctrination, and sexualization of children.
- Remove age-inappropriate materials from libraries and classrooms
- Require express parental consent for all sexually explicit material and lessons
- Eliminate student surveys and personal data collection other than required by law unless express parental consent is given for each survey.
- Develop a code of ethics for teachers and staff to act professionally, disallowing their own political ideologies.
- Support Parental Rights, including medical freedom and transparent access to curricula and materials
- Spend our $280M annual budget wisely and transparently
- Eliminate unnecessary programs and expenses
- Spend less on Central Office bureaucrats and more on pay for good teachers and the basics
Paid for by friends of Jane Puszkar, Ron Puszkar, Treasurer